You’ve shrunk down to the size of an ant in Grounded Multiplayer Steam, and you’re forced to survive in one of the most dangerous places on the planet (Your Garden). If you want to stay alive, you must avoid bees, spiders, preying mantises, and other deadly insects. It’s difficult to go it alone, therefore you’ll need pals to assist you.
Trying to figure out how to bring your pals to the backyard so you can divide activities like gathering and crafting among the group while keeping an eye out for enemies? We’ve got your back. After all, you can’t have too many people on your side when playing this game. Insects are far more resilient than you may think.
How to Play Grounded Multiplayer with Friends?
Though Grounded Survival Game is best experienced in multiplayer with a group of pals, the Early Access edition currently lacks the ability to send direct invites to friends. Here a fix for this.
- Gather your friends and head to Grounded’s main menu.
- Select “Host Online Game” from the drop-down menu.
- From here, you can start a new game or continue one you’ve already started.
- When you’ve started your new multiplayer session, have any additional players who want to join you do the same thing, except at the main menu, pick “Join Online Game.“
- Choose “Search in Friends” from the drop-down menu to get a list of people who are currently in-game.
- To begin, they can choose your name from their list of pals.
- This is presently the sole option to invite pals to a multiplayer game, although developer Obsidian Entertainment is reportedly working on game invites.
How to Play Grounded in Split-screen Mode?
You might believe that because Grounded supports online multiplayer, it also has local multiplayer through split-screen mode. Regrettably, that mode is absent from the game. Obsidian Entertainment does not appear to have any intentions to introduce this functionality in the future, but it is feasible. For the time being, you’ll have to make do with online gaming.
How to Play with Friends in Grounded Multiplayer via Cross-play?
You’ll be happy to know that you can play Grounded with your pals on both the Xbox One and the PC. The game supports cross-platform play on both Xbox One and PC. However, you don’t have to do anything special to invite friends from other platforms.
Simply click the “Host Online Game” option from the main menu and have your friends select “Join Online Game” using the same instructions you used to invite them in the first place. Players on all platforms should be able to use this.
How to Troubleshoot Grounded Multiplayer Steam?
Grounded Multiplayer Steam is currently in Early Access, which means you may encounter some bugs. It’s possible that you won’t be able to join multiplayer sessions at times. Because there isn’t a solid solution to these issues, all you can do if you get errors is keep trying.
Obsidian has acknowledged that issues with multiplayer lobbies are a known issue. The developer is presently attempting to rectify this issue for all parties concerned, but no definitive solution is available at this time.
Now get out there and take on the backyard jungle together! Don’t forget your next-generation compatible headset, too: